Friday, August 28, 2009

Evan Gross Truie’s Diary

Entry #1 August 26th 2009

Dear Diary,

Today was another fun day to add to the list of the fun August days I’ve had so far. I had all my laundry washed after my return from the Canada Games on Monday. Since the Games I have been debating about trying to loose from weight, I’m not happy with the 161 figure I make the mirror look at, so I decided to just have some lettuce for breakfast…..Heck No! I’m kidding, I went out for a massive brunch with my Grandad and pounded back 3 cups of coffee before my meal even arrived then had one more with my sausage, egg, potato and pancake plate load of heaven. Almost felt like giving birth to an alien after that…Quoted by Chandler Bing from Friends season 5 episode 14 I believe, that’s just off the top of my head though.

Then I made the trip home to the Guthrie ranch located in the boonies of Peachland BC. Bet you don’t even know where that is! Looked at my suitcase and my pile of clothes and thought I can leave that until later. I quickly got in my sham and headed out for one last spin on the mtb before I leave “Down Under” tonight. My baby, the Rocky Mountain Vertex Team RSL rode like usual, an angel floating through the clouds of heaven. Got back and cleaned the bike, apparently I cant have any dirt on my bike or the security people at the Sydney Airport will make me wash it there. So that meant scrubbing down those Maxxis tires for a little while, well long while. Still had red clay on them from the Canada Games XC race in PEI. I let that dry and then headed inside to check facebook, yes I have facebook it’s a great connection to talk to people around the world…Im not that freaky about it, just needed to answer a few of the many emails I get from the “ladies”.

Then came packing my suitcase I looked at the clock beforehand and only had 15 min before I had to leave to the airport. So that meant pack everything else up, eat, shower, and make myself look pretty for the flight so I could try and get bumped to first class. Got all that done is 14.5 min then I was out the door and cruising to my flight in the parent’s minivan. You have to cruise in style through the Okanagan otherwise its not even worth driving the minivan, which is a Ford Freestar with a 4.2 L engine…by the way.

Got lined up to check in and I had a cool lady I dealt with, she waived the bike fee and didn’t charge me the extra 100 bones for my other bag being 15 lbs overweight. What a girl! But she wasn’t able to get me into first class, so right after that I took off the collared shirt and pants and put on my rad short shorts, tee and compression socks, which doesn’t make me look like an idiot at all. Off to the land down under now!

I have now arrived and I will give an update later, just heading out into a ride in the rain and I can also see my breath...lamesauce.

2 comments:

ALISON TESTROETE said...

shoot Evan, that was hilarious! Sorry you didn't get bumped to first class, next time use a blackberry/clip.

Anonymous said...

lmao