Saturday, November 21, 2009

Escape Velocity GP of Burnaby

Took the "W" down in vancity today at another one of those cyclo-cross gatherings. Finally a muddy one. Hit the front end hard in a mud hole and almost endo'd off the bike, and heard a big crack and by bars slipped forward and of course the first thing I thought was my handle bar broke, so I was trying to ride with all my weight on the back of the bike, gave up on that in about 5 minutes and just said the hell with it, break another handle bar and it might be some sort of record for one season. Tried to not get off my bike today, because every time I ran my heals would rub on the inside of my leg, which eventually led to bleeding. Shows how useless a biker like me is at running. Suffered pretty hard today, haven't done anything in a week and the extra pounds gained didn't help either, but I made it through and the handle bar thing just turned out I was being paranoid about nothing.


Photo: Carelle B. Dunn

No comments: