Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thanksgiving and Bicycles

Well, Here is how my Thanksgiving weekend all happend:

-Drove to Vancouver Saturday morning for another bike race with my Grandad. Except this time I was able to win it and not get 2nd again. Think I surprised myself more than everyone else...Plus I won 125 bones. Pretty solid I know

-Drove home from from the race. Stopped at my favorite road trip stop, Whatcom Rd in Chilliwack. Usually after a race I opt for a Schnitzel burger, but today I went for the double whopper with large fries and a coke. This made the drive a little easier.

-Came home and laid on the couch and caught up on missed 90210 episodes.

-Sunday morning I was planning on watching the Kelowna Marathon in the early AM, then shuttling a bike trail for an upcoming race we have, but my buddies canceled. After my bodum of coffee I quickyl rolled into K-town to hit the last bit of the marathon. Couldn't find anyone I know, so I decided to head home because I looked kinda funny riding my lime green fixied out Kona Jake the Snake by my lonesome.

-Laid on the couch a little more. Then a whole bunch of family came over for Turkey Dinner. Good thing I'm not a turkey fan and everyone else is. Because they stuffed themselves on turkey dinner and I had half a plate. This is where it gets good. I was then able to eat way way too much homemade cooking. Even after the point where I started to feel sick and grossed out with the cookies, I had some more. Thinking I have a little addiction that needs an intervention.

-More couch time to try and somewhat burn off some calories. I even did 8 push ups to help the process!

-Monday was up darn early and off to the Cascades area,just outside Hope area. Made for almost a 3 hr drive from my home of Peachland. Park one car at the finish of the trail and then drove to the start, the top of a twisty 16 km rd to the top of a mtn at 6,000 ft. It was also just over 0 degrees I believe. Which meant I could almost feel my testicles in my stomach for the first hour. Anyway it was unbelievable, the views, the trails and the 6,000 plus feet of descending. Can't explain how sweet, so here are some pics:(short form for pictures...incase you didn't know..)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/52666805










No comments: