Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Finally

Everyone complained summer in the Okanagan was not living up to its standards. 2 years ago I would expect to wake up everyday with blue skies and sun. But the last 2 years that was dwindled. But ever since I got home late July weather had been unexplainable. 30 + degrees everyday and no cloud. We get this lake effect in town where if there`s clouds they get pushed the edge of the valley so consistently have blue bird days. Stopping at the lake for swim has become part of the routine and drinking lots of water and riding at weird times as well. Yesterday I tried intervals at 35C and almost fell off my bike, drinking 2 bottles an hour, stopping at The Bike Barn for mid ride hose down and even stopping by the lake to soak the hands, feet and head. Crazy but its why we live here. After almost 2 weeks of an awesome sickness post Edmonton CC I am back at it and doing the final preparations for the World Championships coming up here in a few weeks in Champery, Switzerland. I head out on the 24th and return on Sept 6th. Then its straight into CX season.


No comments: