Thursday, August 9, 2012

Forced resting heading into Mountain Bike World Championships

Well it's been 11 days since I took a nasty spill at TransRockies. The mending is coming along well. With a forced few days laying on the couch dreaming about being outside in the sun doing epic rides I rested up quite nicely. Then came many consecutive days on the trainer riding with one arm while the other was in a sling. With my shoulder being so swollen it was hard to doctors/physio to tell me whether it was a grade 2 or grade 3 separation. With neither being good but both better than a broken collarbone, things could be WAY worse so no complaints. It's actually been a  really great week and a half of actually feeling like I'm on a  vacation at home with nothing planned other than a wedding this past weekend where I rested all week for one dance where I laid it all down, after that my arm was hurting too bad! Recovery is going well but for a busy body like myself it tough to keep slow moving, like as slow as Antoine Caron moves at all times!

My first reaction when I crashed was "man, I didn't even get to ride the single track yet today! I could have at least crashed on a sweet drop or double in front of a big crowd.." I guess I have to save those skills for World Champs in Austria! Heading off to Euro land for the second time this year at the end of the month. Pretty pumped to be representing Canada at my 4th World Championships. If anything this shoulder separation is going to keep me from riding too much heading into Worlds!

Disappointed to be missing CrankWorx in Whistler this weekend. I was really looking forward to the fat tire crit and the Enduro, gonna have to wait until next year to take on Brian Lopes I guess.

Saturday, 4:30 AM is womens mountain bike race which I highly advise to watch..we some fast riders you could say with Catharine Pendrel and Emily Batty. Sunday same time are the men with Canada's Max Plaxton and Geoff Kabush.


No comments: