Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Test of Humanity 2012

This years Test of Humanity was probably one of the best events I've been too all year. After Worlds Cups, Canada Cups, US National series races, Pan American Championships, World Championships and so on it was nice to sleep in my own bed, DRIVE not fly to a race and then be around friends, family and great people organizing a great event to help Canadian Humanitarian efforts in Africa. Who wouldn't want to be apart of it?? Plus the post race taco's were pretty damn good along with the not so tail gate but tail gate like party after where we shared some race stories and drank beer and killed a bag of doritos.

Morning started off with some coffee:

Then some kids races, by the way those kids are FAST! never seen someone ride so far and so fast on run bikes!


Then I went out and rode really really hard for 4 hrs. Pretty much to the point where if I stood up or pushed the pedals a little harder I would cramp. That lasted for the final 40 km of the 70 km I completed. Who said 4 hr endurance races were easy? I had a F1 pit crew thanks to The Bike Barn. Last lap I decided it was a good time to finally lay the bike down on a dusty berm and cramp up so bad I had to roll on the ground like a horse scratching it's back to straighten my leg again. Happy I was able to overcome my sucking from last year, which consisted of only racing for 2 of the 4 hours because I sucked and decided a red bull might make me go faster but it make my puke, to take the overall win.  It seems as though I was a little tired after:

Strave file here.

Little photo collection thanks to my mother:









Thanks for a great day Test of Humantiy volunteers, racers and supporters!


No comments: