Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Kelowna cyclo-cross and fall time fun times.

Another stellar weekend in the Okanagan. Although it was the first time we've seen rain in months. Saturday I felt like I was going to melt from those hunks of water falling from the sky, luckily I didn't though.

Sunday came time for stop #2 of the Interior Cyclo-Cross Series. This one was organized and put on by Chainline Cycle in Kelowna, these guys have been a HUGE part of 'cross getting popular in the interior. What a day they put on, with near perfect racing weather there was tents, a rolling french fry truck, many  spectators, bourbon soaked bacon hand ups, and more participants than I've ever seen at a local race!! 55 racers has got to be a new record. This being my first 'cross race of the season, I was excited, nervous and hoping to not re-mount my bike wrong and hurt my boys. Congrats to all the first timers who looked to have enjoyed the race and post race gathering where beer and cookies were enjoyed, and juice for the young.

Here's some great shots: Lorne White Photography

Monday called for a day of sweet singletrack in Penitcton, BC. Pretty much, riding doesn't get better than this place in the fall.

Strava Here:  http://app.strava.com/rides/25149269

Here comes the usual photo update as I can't write well enough to describe the awesomeness, I mean sickness, no I mean super awesome fun times. I mean just look at the pictures!

 So much fun watching the kids.
 Reppin' the pink kitty cat "best socks ever"
 Cookie hand-up time
 I recommend to not try and eat a cookie while going as hard as you can, crumbs in the lungs is awkward.
 Found my new sweater for the winter, just need to get it made now.
 Warming up with the "old guys".
 Soaking in the views last week in Rose Valley. Could have been the nicest fall ride weather to date?
 Had a little surprise before the 'cross race, funny when the guy jumped into the lake and it was only knee deep..
 Another stellar fall ride in the Three Blind Mice trail network, Penitcton BC
First race ever: Summerland BC, 2003. It's funny how here I took two pee breaks for an hour race, didn't really race and came dead last by a long shot and still liked the "racing". Never gonna lose that fun in it!




No comments: