Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fall 2012, best ever?

It's been a busy, exciting few weeks here in awesome town, AKA Peachland. With two cyclo-cross races down, dirt bike rides, a deer shot, blowing up pumpkins, hiking, running and the occasional bicycle ride. Life has been good. I did shoot a deer last week and getting pumped to have a freezer full of fresh meat. Instead of writing some long, most likely boring to most, story I will just put up pictures and videos to explain how awesome things really are. 3,2,1 read!(I'm not actually writing anything..so no need to read)

First, and most importantly, it is Movember time ladies and gentlemen. I have set up a page and if anyone is willing to donate some money to help support prostate and other forms of cancer please do, in return I am growing some child like upper lip hair to look as greasy as possible and raise awareness and get support. I've lost someone very close this past spring to cancer, one of best friends was diagnosed this past spring and has pretty much f--ked the cancer. If everyone was willing to give up one of their daily or weekly coffee's that money would become very useful and go a long way. So please support Movember whether it be through my page or others. I am in my fourth year with Movember donation page, please see past years picture below.
 2011
 2010
2009
 Rode from town up to Telemark to race, it got cold and slushy. 
 Great venue st up by Kelowna Cycle.
My dad, supporting me as usual!
 Telemark 'cross race, in snow of course.
 Some riders cheated and had outside support, DQ'd maybe?

Went riding in the snow and it was cool.
Had the annual pumpkin carving at the Guthrie ranch. Cookies were consumed all day which meant skipping lunch and dinner. Good choice? Hell yes.

 Went rednecking in the bush and shot guns at pumpkins while eating smokies.
 Country music time.
Nothing like a 25 foot long cooking tree.

Super fun times.
 Got in inspired by my uncle at Catharine Pendrel's 'cross race on the weekend.
BMX tracks should be a priority when making a cyclo-cross course. I was able to take the win, the best part .about the 1st place medal was that it was a cookie and eatable. 

No comments: