Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cystal Mtn. White Rabbit Snowshoe Race

Wow, snowshoe racing is harder than it sounds, rocked out a 5 km one today, Went off nice and hard and definitely felt the effects in the end, ran with a buddy Gordon Minaker for the first half until he took the lead role and dropped me within 5 steps. He took on a commanding lead and rolled in for 1st place, I just kept going as hard as I could and these biking legs struggled in the snow pretty good, I guess a four and half hour ride yesterday didn't help...haha. Perfect day of training, don't want to tell you what my AV HR was but I will give you a hint, 5 beats below 200, maybe that was too much of a hint. Now time to start bicycle prepping. MTB rides are now in the sched, pretty stoked on that as I have never ridden my mountain bicycle before March!

No Big deal, but I am now officially as of today of age to buy those acholized drinks that are sold in stores!

No comments: