Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mountain Bicycling

Had a saweet mountain bike ride today with Raphael Gagne on Tucson's 50 Year Old Trail.It was nice after having a complete rest day on Sunday(due to torrential downpour) and an easy spin for a couple hours yesterday as a few new riders arrived. We took them over Picture Rock and a long an airport strip and back over Picture Rock, for a nice scenic ride. Today was great weather, a little cloudy so the sun didn't beat us up to too bad! Rode our house out to the trail head, which was almost an hour. Then the fun began, we had ridden this trail the first day during the National Team camp. So we new where to go fast and where to watch for cactus's. We did the bigger loop twice to get in the hours on the mountain bike, as both of our first race's will be the Fontana US Cup opener, where lots of guys will be going fast. So we just polished up on skills with some cornering and focusing on being smooth everywhere possible and how to conserve energy in some sections, in the past I used to just like hopping and skidding around but that doesn't improve your skills. We finished the descent and headed back to the start of the trail head for the road ride home, which just so happened to turn into a head wind, yipee. Just took our time coming home. Oh and forgot to mention earlier that I got a nosebleed on the way out, and had to stop for a while so that my heart rate would lower so that the blood would stop pumping and let it clot. It was probably my best nose bleed of the trip, tons of blood and took a while. This has been happening to me a lot lately, probably because its so dry here, still was happening back home and got it cotterized before I came down here and it helped for a week or so. Sucks I went through the pain of them burning the inside of my nose for it to keep bleeding like a mofo. Then of course it had to happen on the way back, this time I didn't care as much and my bike got a bit of a new paint job, and my gloves transformed to a lovely new colour, blood red, thinking I might turn it into the new style...

Can't forget, Big shout out to Dr Vie Sports. I've been living on their product for coming up on a month and it hasn't failed me yet!

For recovery today, got back home, ate, and went and sat in the sun by the pool, so that I could get my tan on. Promised my friends back home I would come home looking like a puertorican. Working on it, forsure got on the arms and legs and face, but the stomach region needs some work. Might be time to tan with arms warmers and leg warmers on, and something to cover my face. Could be perfect. That's all for now, other than I am eating some pretty dam good hummus right now, and looking at some freshly made beef patties cooking on the grill. Guthrie out.

Oh the picture below of the bike, are the two juniors that just arrived, so they got their lovely bike saran rapped last night, to wake up to them nicely packaged this morning. Never gets old pranking the juniors, had it done to for the past ever, and now I can pass it on. Giddy Up.



No comments: