Saturday, March 13, 2010

Okanagan Life

I've been back at home since late Monday night. And am I enjoying some rest time! In total I have ridden 45 min since last Sunday. I was pretty thrashed after the month in Tucson, so now I'm just trying to get somewhat rested and recovered before I start some mtb specific training, as I am now heading down to Fontana, CA for the first US ProXCT from March 24-29. I bailed out on the first road races of the season this weekend, Vancouver was supposed to get about 30 mm of rain both days. So I opted to stay in town and ride the mtb trails which I hear are pretty mint at the moment. And judging by the weather right now, 12 degrees, blue skies and sun!, its going to be a saweet weekend of riding. Got the single ring back on the bicycle to do some more riding with, didn't get enough time on it in the fall and want to race the set up down at Fontana if possible. Got my new Rocky Mountain Vertex frame in the garage right now, just waiting for the final parts and arrive, pretty excited to get back out on a new bike that's shiny..

I grew a beard the whole time I was in Tucson, and it was getting pretty haggard looking so I cut it down to a Go-Tee last night. Which is a little better, but not quite there. I had to go to the store and get some "Just for Men" hair die so it looks even more legit. Tonight one of my buddies is having a retro party, and all my friends are back in town from school, so it should make for a fun night. Still debating it I cut the Go-Tee into a 'Stache or not, since it moustache march an all. But I'm thinking the 'stache might need to hold for a week or so. Because then once I cut it down to that I am going to take my class 5 drivers test and have a 'stache on my ID now. I know it sounds retarded but its a big deal in my life right now...

catch yah later,

No comments: