Monday, August 9, 2010

7 Summits

Made the trip over to Rossland, BC on Saturday night after work. Hauled over in a buddies Subaru Impreza. Camped the night in Trail, only to be rained on which led to a very minimal sleep. Early morning and breakfast at Clancy's, Rossland's best coffee shop. I opted for my salmon sandwhich earlier in the morning, which lead to coffee at the coffee shop, cliché I know. We then drove one of the vehicles to the US border and then start the uphill drive to the trailhead. Which happend to be at the Nancy Green summit, 5100 ft up there. Rolled off to a nice and moist trail, which meant tacky and able to rip sh*t on the downhill. Quickly climbed up to 7 thousand ft, then it was rolling from there, from one mountain top to the next. Stopped for pictures and food. Enjoyed the beautiful day, it was cloudy in the morning, and turned to sun in the afternoon. Had one good stop at the 7th and final summit, it was now mainly downhill from there. So we opened up the gas, and turned on the helmet cam on! I was riding the trail bling, but the final downhill was so fast I just had to let everything go. I must say I took downhilling on an XC bike to a new level that day, thanks to my beasty Maxxis Ardent's. I wanted to ride the loop again just for that final downhill. We be making a sweet video of the ride over the next couple days, that will explain more! This was the best ride I've ever done by the way...

Chamois time.



Loaded up and ready to descent 6500 ft!!




Starting at a little altitude.




The ride that made this day unreal!




Almost at 7 thousand feet.




Must have been thousands of hours put into this trail.




On Top of the world!




Incredible views.





At the top of the last descent, 25 min of crazy fast, over doing it on the XC bikes.




Post ride van drive to the other car.

No comments: