Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer

So its be a long time since a good update, so here we go in short form:

-Edmonton Canada Cup was the best race of the year.

-Was tired all week heading into Nationals.

-Nationals was the worst race of my life, first ever DNF. Couldn't ride up the hills on the last lap.

-Went river tressel jumping, with Andrew L'Esperance and Cody Canning.

-Then went river surfing, hung a rope from the tressel and floated down to it on a surf board, grabbed on and turned around and stand up and carve the shite out of the river. Or like me, you could grab the rope and try too hard and have it snap and wip you in the arm.

-Did a local toonie race, set new record (biggest accomplishment of the year..sad I know.

- Did a local crit, did a masters ride (sit in, and come to the front with 1 lap to go for the sprint) little did I know a break went away and I was so tucked in I didn't know. So when we came to the last lap I sprinted and thought my teammate and I had won, so I put my hands up for a funny retard solute, and it turned out I got 6th, and thought I was 2nd. I felt like a beauty there..

-Went to a wicked Miss Penticton bikini contest and got a picture with some of the girls.

-Did a late night cruiser ride and a 2 am McDonalds food run, only to find out my dad's work had 100 ft flames on the roof and flying fire balls coming out the front door.

-Went downhilling at Silver Star with xc shoes, pedals, no armour, full face and Oakley Radars. Good thing the dh'ers couldn't drop me, otherwise that would have been embarrasing. Maybe skinsuit next time..??

-And tons of work

That is what my life now consists of.

No comments: