Sunday, November 21, 2010

Winter 2011 is here!

So excited to say that there is now on the ground here, the high for today is going to be -7 I believe. Stoked its time for winter stuff, don't get me wrong I love my bike, but the winter has just so much to offer, like driving for example. I love the winter because its finally interesting again, you have to pay attention, plus you get to watch some people drive 40 k/ph on the highway when the roads are dry! Once again I got sick last week, nowadays though I am sick so much that its actually a surprise when I am well...

Had my first "pull-car-out-of-ditch" incident the other for this season. Pretty much had to re-model the ditch so the car could drive out, filled it all in and chopped it all apart so it kind of looked like a mini highway. We weren't able to drive it out though. (little car, sideways, ditch you know the drill) So had to get our rusted out 4X4 out there with the tow ropes to pull her out. Mission accomplished, did I mention this was at 11 pm? Anyway had some fun times earlier in the day helping my brother get up our 1 km, 1 lane, twisty, 12 % road to our house. First ever drive in the winter is hard, but first drive in the winter on our road is like impossible. So to guide him up. This is another reason why winter is fun, you never get to help people drive in the summer, I take that back. There definitely are some terrible terrible drivers out there.




Saturday night after work I had to head to Canadian Tire to get some super awesome glue called Gorilla Glue, going to try and glue my XC skis back together, could save myself $300 bones! Anyway it was the Legendary and annual Beer Mile going on in Penticton tonight, it is a world-wide event. So I decided to swing over there before I hit the trainer, as that can wait. There are official beer mile rules at : http://www.beermile.com/ Quick summary is basically is run 4 laps of a 400 M track and chug a beer before each lap and is you throw up then you have to do a penalty lap. Here are the 1000 best ever preformances: http://www.beermile.com/records/ref_wr Our boy from The Bike Barn and Penticton BC was Jeff Symonds, hot off his 13th place at Ironman 70.3 Worlds he was ready to kill it. His previous record was 6:29 and he bested that and rocked out a sick 5:55 Beer Mile. He just needs to fit beer chugging in his training schedule and he could one of the top in the world for the Beer Mile as well as Half Irons. I was pretty disgusted watching, it didn't help that it was -5 out either. But on a good note Jeff rocked out our 1970's Bike Barn skinsuit, mullet, trucker hat and some wicked flip up/down glasses. Also big shout out to Ian Nelson who finished his beer so quickly that he had a 150 M headstart. Combine his drinking and Jeff run, oh my World Champion Beer Miler right there!




No comments: