Monday, December 6, 2010

Here's a video from the Big White Rally on Saturday.




I was volunteering at the Snow X stage, so that is where all the footage is from. I was up there bright and early doing car inspection to make sure all the regulars had proper equipment to get their car sideways on the snow. There were about 35 entries and BC, Alberta and even Washington state. These guys had from 9-4 to rip the under 2 minute course and vie for the fastest time in their catagories. 4wd studded, 4wd non-studded, 2wd studded and finally 2wd no-studded. Other than a quick 30 min break for the legit rally pros to come through for the stage it was game on all day. Brandon Semenuk just got his rally license last week and made the trip from Squamish to race cars. He came through and had the fastest time at the snow X. Rad.

I contemplated putting my civic in for some fun "legal" drifting, but I was super busy helping out all day. Finally I man'd up and went out for the last timed run of the day, came out with 3rd fastest times in 2wd non-studded. Stoked out that considering I had no test run, drove when the track was at its iciest, and I was just trying to drift the course. Next year I think its game for the W in that, low tire pressure, no drifting and more runs! Here's half of my run:





No comments: