Saturday, January 29, 2011

Snowshoe what?

So that past week I've been tired, sick, and sleeply. So I've bought myself a bunch of my new favourite beer:
I felt good drinking it and training last week, and it helped me rest up this week I guess. That was the quickest and least sick sickness I've had.

So this led me to definitely racing the annual 5 km Crystal Mtn White Rabbit Snowshoe race , AKA Snowshoe World Championship of the Universe. For years I have raced it, and always finished 2nd and 3rd, so it was nice to finally get the W. So this year is the first time I have not trained for it, actually I can't say that. Lastnight at the gym I did a 15 min run on the treadmill. Which was tiring. This body I have built is not accustomed to running. Which I felt today, my right ass cheek went numb very quickly and my left quad felt like I had an extra 45 lbs plate dangling off. Anyway to sum up:

-15 min of training
-4.45 min of warm up
-BIG non-racing snowshoes
-Idioticly fast start
-192 AV HR
-Almost collapsing
-Cookies
-Long hottub and beer.



No comments: