Wednesday, March 9, 2011

As funny as it sounds I am actually sad to be leaving Tucson. I've been here for 15 days, and 14 of them were just beautiful, and one had some snow...I stayed my first few days in a hostel, but once a heroin addict started staying the same room as me and deciding that it would be a good idea to puke everywhere, roll in it and then piss on the other beds I thought it would be a good time to leave and move into a suitable training environment. I found a gracious lady who was willing to put me up. I was so excited I forgot to even ask if she had internet. And most of you know how dependent us cyclists are on inter-webing for a couple weeks of training. So that left my pre and post ride time spent reading, cooking and hanging out with a couple good buddies Boris Martin and Jacob Schwingboth. Boris is down here for 2 months and has a wicked tweaked out VW Golf. So it was a treat when he would be pick me up/drive me home. And sometime we would drive very safely and of course abide by the rules of the law. Who says that when the speed limit is 80 k/ph you can't do that through an intersection while turning??..

So firstly the riding down here is pretty good, not going to rave about it..but you can't beat the consistant sunny skies. I have not been this burnt in a long time, and I have also not had such a sore a** in such a long time, due to the very smooth well paved roads. I have logged some serious miles, as unlike last year I was able to ride long and feel good and strong throughout and after all the rides. Once I got down here I was a little disapointed I didn't decide to bring my mtb, but I think its for the best. I needed to really get some hrs on roadie bike in. I think my best ride was yesterday, I saved Mt Lemmon until my last day. Because no matter how easy you ride up its still dam hard, especially once you hit up around 7,000 ft I could definitely feel that thing they call altitude..I have to say my favourite part of that ride was the absolutely massive chocolate chip cookie at the top. Nothing says burst of energy more than a cookie the size of a dinner plate that is probably somewhere around 600 calories of deliciousness. Here are my meals for my Mt Lemmon day:




And here are some more photos so you can see what I saw!:











And some food of course:





No comments: