Monday, June 13, 2011

The Okanagan is unbeatable to live in

In the last week I've been home its been so awesome I don't want to leave for a while!

Here's a few late photos from the trip through Ontario:






Last Wednesday was the first toonie race of the season, good thing I decided to ride before in the pissing rain for an hour and half and show up at the start with it only to stop raining and everyone is dry and smiling...I didn't even have the energy to shot gun a beer after. I will next time, and I'll in keep in mind some great advice from the legend himself. Geoff Kabush once said "bigger hole, faster flow"...

Had a wicked BBQ sesh last Thursday night.

Sunday was Kelowna's one and only Super D. It's a long one at around 20 min for most people. The record last year was 19:07 set by Kelowna's Seth Cowie. I was getting ancy all week prepping for this race, the guys at the shop did a full overhaul on the bike, rebuilt the fork, changed tires, and put on some shimano brakes, those avid brakes were doing me no good! Thanks to Rocky Mountain for hooking me up with such a sick trail bike, I love that my 5 inch bike descends as good and as fast at the local boys on 8 inch DH bikes..I was lucky enough to have a super clean run other a couple super man slides on my chest, I missed the rain and slayed the DH as best I could with a 1986 fluorescent Bike Barn skinsuit and rainbow socks. And since my skinsuit had no pockets I put my multitool on the back and it slipped down my a*s and I couldn't sit on my seat..But I was able to make a new record of 17:50 and make them loose clothed big bike people jealous of xc bikes, skinsuits and saddle bags...

Here's some great shots from the race, there was a prize for best dressed so there were a couple costumes.





Luckily its raining today, and I have a rest day and a day off work. So what better to do that share pictures with the world, drink coffee and make pancakes! As Matt Paziuk would say that is some good livin'.

No comments: