Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Center of the Universe?

Clip from our Mt Tremblant pre-ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-sBySns7Oo

Last weekend I did a bike race. It was muddy, cold and technical. I was lovin' it and just slaying the descents...riding in 2nd too. Then my tire decided to go flat. I was having one of those days where the legs felt unreal. Too bad but I kept calm and used my tire changing skills to put a new tube in and only let my big air inflate me tire to like 15 psi. I was off riding in like 12th or something and then put the jets on and starting running a lot because mud was shin deep. I felt like Forrest Gump out there. Rode myself back to 5th, excited on that..tough though because you don't know how things could have went..Forrest says it best "life's like a box a chocolates, you never know what your going to get.

On our drive from Montreal to Quebec City we came across some dude in a car, and tried to get him to race us. He was too afraid of the roof racks and diesel smell though.

This past week in Baie-St-Paul I enjoyed some good livin' as Matt Paziuk would put it. Every morning Mr Haviland would welcome us all to 'Flavour Country' with his 12 cup bodum.

Also on the menu in a rustic house was Pancakes. And not just regular pancakes, I'm talking peanut butter, mocha yogurt, bannana and real maple syrup.
There is nothing to joke about when consuming these:
Post race on Sunday I met up with Cycling BC, they were staying in a rad mansion on the side of a mtn. No big deal that there was a waterfall beside the house.
We also had a nice view, and found a lucky treat in the fire place:


One of my 100% Paleo dinner I had last week:
And some nightly hydration:



Monday was the day I finished my two week stint in New France, and started with week trip into the center of the universe. We arrived to humidity and of course smog. Yesterday was 32, and 37 with humidity. So we hit the beach and got burnt. Darn I know. We decided to buy some Canuks swag and represent while were out here. We have the window attachments for the van and going to look for tattoos and marks to make ourselves nice get ups for the local Wed. night race. By the sounds of it people take this Wed. nighter as serious as a world championship..going to have to figure out a way to make them tone it down. Possibly spd sandals? shirtless wit bibs? wig? We'll figure something out.

Since it was sunny yesterday we thought it might be a good time to loose the tan lines and gain a v-neck tan.

No comments: