Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dear Paleos'

Lately I've been feeling like I need a change. And I believe that change is going to come from a diet change, which I have been thinking should be the Paleo diet. I hear it consists of lasagna type meals, cookies, beer, choclate bars and so on. This is better than the kind of diet where you only eat meet, veggies and sweet potatoes for carbs. We have been trying this out on our Canada Cup trip. And by we I mean Andrew L'esperance, Zach Hughes, Matt Paziuk, Jarred Stafford and the one and only Havy. We have been feeling bloated and tired after dinner, but the next day we feel like we have an unlimited amount of carbs at our disposal. Demonstrated below is how I caught a meal and used it to my advantage last year before CX Provincials:




Since Matt Paziuk has been the master at teaching us “easting into the day” so far this trip we have become great at catching our food while easing. A little while back I caught this in the bulk food section. She was a hard one to reel in, but I conquered it in one night:




Back in April I was doing a bicycle race on skinny tires, and after being out front the whole time have that group chase me I felt like I needed a break on my way home to watch some Gossip Girl and fuel up. Luckily in Ricky Federeau's hometown there is a Schnitzel burger joint. This was probably my easiest catch yet:




Sometimes while I'm working at The Bike Barn people tend to hide these Paleo meals into our mechanic area...and since I work in the mechanic area these tend to land right in our laps:


I was lucky enough to get involved with Matt Paziuk in the making of a new website! Check it eh!

http://dogthepaleohunter.tumblr.com/



Anyway back to bicycle trip Quebec. After our little creekin' sesh last Sunday night. We decided it might good to give our little Zachy Hughes a haircut. Now you can all imagine how well we brainstormed. But Zatch was a little iffy on some of the ideas. We decided this might be a good situation to use the helmet cam.




Then Mr Havy stepped in and perfected the absolutely stunning mullet. He came up with a new cut called the 'freedom strip'. We were all impressed and excited on this.




We arrived in Baie-St Paul Quebec on Tuesday evening to a beautiful rustic country home. And since I am tagging along with a group of beautys, there's wasn't an extra room available. So I have to stay in the basement. Its a little chilly, and tricky to get in and out of, but it has a dirt floor.

No comments: