Monday, May 9, 2011

So last weekened was the first MTB race of the year. To sum it up, Snapped chain twice, crashed, took wrong turn and bonked hard from chasing too hard. But the trail were so good over there on the Sunshine Coast that it was hard to be mad. I was planning on racing the DH Sunday to make it a double header but my chain broke again after the race, so I wasn't really in the mood anymore, and apparently I needed a fullface..how lame. They also didn't want me to race Pro because I was an "XC'er".

Last week our weather decided it was time to catch up on some not needed rain. I did get in a nice rainless ride Wednesday. I think I've already said, but who cares, the Okanagan right now is so good for riding I feel that not enough people are taking advantage of it. So I'm trying to accomplish that by myself.


On a side note. I think I found the best thing ever to help keep cool during a hot race. Last week we had a massive sale at The Bike Barn (http://bikebarn.ca/)and someone came across these wonderful pieces of history:

This morning I did a little hike-a-bike. Found a sweet trail yesterday and thought it might be good for dh shred on cam. It was such a bluebird day here I decided to do a little Go Pro photo along the way. The cool thing about automatic photo on the Go pro is you get some cool photos without having to search for it.



No comments: