Thursday, April 26, 2012

 Today was definitely the rain ride of 2012. Going from two days of 25C on the weekend to 10 degrees and absolute torrential rains(for the Okanagan). There was actually some flooding around these parts too.. Found some new single track descents today that unreal and will now be incorporated into my weekly dose of SICK single track.

Officially heading on the road for some biking racing on May 7th for two months. It goes something like this: Fly to Prague, Czech Republic for World Cup#3, Over to La Bresse, France for WC#4, Fly to Quebec City for Canada Cup#2 in Baie St Paul, Fly to Toronto for CC#3, travel back to northern Quebec to St Felicien for Nationals, back down to Mt Saint Anne, Quebec for WC#5, then down to Windham, New York for World Cup#6 and then finally flying home in time for Axel's Grand Fondo then to Canmore, Alberta for CC#4. Wow that is like 9 races in 10 weekends. Either I will get super fast or be walking my bike by that last race..It will then be time for some beach action, BBQ's, single track and sun.

Loving my Rocky Mountain Vertex 990 RSL 29'er  Having more fun every ride I do! I have to say I've tried a few 29'ers, just in parking lots of such, and they never felt good. I could hardly even wheelie! But since I've jumped on the Rocky my whole perspective has changed. First off I can wheelie like never before, the bike feels like a 26 but with the 29'er advantages. So pretty much you need to try one of these or you'll be out there not riding as fast as you could! Getting super pumped to debut this race rig at the World Cups.

I could talk more about nothing but I'll leave that for the desperate times..Time to go eat my chocolate chip pancakes, nothing like breakfast for dinner.
 Favorite road ride on earth. Kelowna-Glenmore-Carrs Landing-
Predator Ridge-Kelowna
Long climb from out from Okanagan Lake.
Onto the fun part.
 Fueling for today's ride but kept hearing this is my mind
"Nothing tastes as good as feeling skinny".
Little Turkey that's making an appearance in my part of the woods.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, that's my favorite ride on the planet as well. Although I'll bet my laying chicken that you've seen more nice rides around the world than I.