Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pan American Mountain Bike Championships - Pueblo, Mexico.

Once again I am off on another trip, this time somewhere unusual for a bike. Really excited to be heading off to Mexico for the weekend. But I will be missing my Gramma's Easter dinner which I am already craving..

Well it's that time of year again where heading off to local airport gets more frequent and I don't have to bundle up with riding clothes and look like the michelin man. I can also get my summer car set up rolling with coilovers and sticky tires. It also means that riding not road bike bikes is getting better as the snow is slowly dissapearing, although it doesn't seem that way in the picture below as the ski hills are probably at their best right now. 

I've been back home for a month now and experienced every kind of weather possible, luckily its getting warmer but the winds are picking up so riding around at 11 k/ph seems to be the norm these days. A couple weeks back I suffered it out on the bike in the conditions below, once your soaked 3 min into your ride it can't get much worse. 

These spring days in the Okanagan are just so neat, I hope that everyone else is getting out and enjoying how neat it is instead of just me and my bike.

I also received a super gift from www.bikes.com the other day. All I have to say is their bike are sick of course thanks to our awesome sponsors Shimano, Maxxis, Easton, Fi'zi:k Planet Foods, Honey Stinger and many more.

 Got out for a couple little mountain bike rides before I am off to Pueblo, Mexico for the Pan American mountain bike championships.  This is where I started riding mountain bikes and where my passion for cycling all started on these trails with my dad.
In other news my neighbor, Mark Jennings-Bates, and his paramotor partner just finished a World Record paramotor flight around Australia as a part of the Flight4Life which is helping support his and his wife's amazing charity the www.rally4life.org Check out the link for more info!

Also if your an Okanagan resident I think if would be great to spread the world and help the support Kelowna General Hospital's 6th annual Bike 'n Braai. Click on the link for more info: Bike 'N Braai Link

1 comment:

bikingamerica said...

It's an excellent post. Very interesting and informative.

biking tips