Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Arrived in Saint Felicien for Nationals

Here's a little picture collection from my last week and half at the Mcneely household in Kingston, ON. After some needed downtime and going more than a week without flying to Europe, flying home from Europe, Flying to Ontario, sleeping in hotels and eating gourmet microwave food it was great to eat well, sleep well and be in a family environment! Helps me miss my family and friends less..

Had some beautiful weather in Kingston. Checked out some sights, went swimming, got WAY to into www.strava.com. It will take over the Okanagan in T-minus 14 months.. Ate some awesome ice cream, cooked lots, did some some actual riding, got a nails in my bike tires, raced bikes with high seats on the BMX track and many more life changing things. 

Today we made the long trek from Kingston to Saint Felicien where cross country mountain bike nationals are this weekend. During the trip I managed to read two pages of book before I fell asleep, watched nine episodes of Two and Half Men season 8 episodes 1-9, started Ace Ventura Nature Calls and slept some more. Mcneely also thought it would be a good idea to hit a railway crossing at 100 k/ph. My bike was on the hitch rack and did survive the abuse. By the way, Team BC is put together a top secret team for the national relay..that's all. AND there is some talk and planning of some Sunday evening go karting in town. Blog message me, facebook me, call me, text me, twitter me, or you can even strava me now..

After this weekends nationals, where Cycling Dirt is rumored to be making an appearance, it is onto the Mont-Sainte-Anne world cup in Quebec, then on to the second to last world cup of the season in Windham, New York.

I am quickly heading home so I can take part in this years Axels GrandFondo in Penticton BC on July 8th. Super excited to be home and able to be there for such a fantastic event in, or close to, my home town. I was sad to miss last year's first edition of the Fondo. I am sure this year is going to put a smile on many people's faces! 



The E-van packed and ready for the 8 hr Kingston-Saint Felicien drive.
 The haunted mansion that Evan is or says used to be scared off
 It rained lots the other day..
 Kingston is by far the nicest place I have visited in Ontario, or as people seem to call it "Toronto"
 Trying out a Scott Kelly wheel truing session
 Needed some hydration for steak prep
A very Paleo meal I think even Peter Glassford would be proud of
 Trails in Kingston were pretty minty (Prime Strava segments click here)
 The Evan Mcneely showing off the "ultimate self haircut" 
 Pre-tune up on the hair. Trust me ladies, it looks magical now.
 Mcneely demonstrating the "water punishment" from 1867 at the Kingston Pen.

No comments: