Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Series Day 2

Today was one of the sweetest road races I've been in, just because I got into the days break and we were away for over 100 km. Owen was my only team mate in the group of 8. We rode good and steady, worked well together. The climbs were slowly catching up with me and after about 15 laps I was starting to hurt pretty good. So I did the best and hardest ride I could at the front going into the start/finish climb and when I pulled off Owen attacked and everyone followed right away, but as soon as I crested the climb I could see that a few guys had been shed off. Cody Campbell and I rode together to the finish for the next 2 laps. We rode tempo to finish off a 4 hr day, with an average of 265 watts for the 3.5 hr race. Pretty solid day, I am totally wrecked now. Taking a couple easy days before our TR team camp this week. Should be all time!

No comments: