Monday, June 8, 2009

Back Home



Just got back home yesterday evening after spending 5 days in Kamloops. Got in some awesome mountain biking, some of the best back to back days in a while. Rode with Catherine & Matt a few times, they showed me some of the Kamloops best single track.

Raced on Saturday, went really well, got 2nd in Pro/Elite. Hot day, which ,made thing interesting. Paced myself well, rode with Matt Hadley the first 2 laps, then he put some major time into me in the last 3 laps. Hung out there in No Man's land for a while and held off the chasing bunch. Felt pretty darn good, race was only 1:4ish which was perfect length for me. Felt satisfied, made 1oo bones, would have been 200 of there was one more person in our catagory! lame. But super sweet day, dustiest race ever, drive train sounded like it was going to fall apart not even half way through. Ate a lot of Matt's dust the first couple laps and looked like a car did a burn out on dirt for an hour with me standing behind it. Fun!



Stayed at my aunt's the whole time, it's home away from home. Had my own bed, I could make whatever food needed, so that made thing's easier than spending time in a hotel, which I've been doing a lot of lately.

Going to be back home for the next month, just away every except this upcoming one for racing. Life will be a bit easier, it's been hectic the last month, only be home a few days here and there. I finally fully unpacked my suitcase for the first time in weeks.

Racing the Kelowna K-town classic this weekend, its a stage race. Should be fun, show some local blood. Then off to Canmore the weekend after that for the last Canada Cup selection race. Then Dry Grad weekend in Lytton, in for some wicked white water wrafting. Might hit a BC Cup on that Sunday in Burnaby. In for an action packed month!

No comments: