Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mellagrossa-Tucson AZ

Did an absolute epic mtb ride yesterday. Climbed up to the 4000 ft level. Rode to the base of the mtn, which was over an hour, then climbed for over an hour and half, descended some of the most beautiful trails in the Tucson. The climb was just a fire road but the single track made up for it all. I spend most of the day up from riding with Max Plaxton and Derek Zandsta. Who are both fast and good technical riders, I was going super hard to keep up with them, but it was worth it to follow those guys down the mountain.And of course I was eating my Dr Vie bars which kept me going and gave me enough energy to not die out there in the sun. We had a solid 45 min descent on some fast smooth trails and some super bumpy hard technical trails. For me it was a day in heaven with my new special bike. Had one of the national team helmet cams on, so hopefully I can get some of that footage soon and you will then understand how amazing this ride was.

Rode two and half hours on the mountain bikes today, a trail called starr's pass. It was full up steps, so we practiced our hopping skills. All the ladies and gents did well and managed just fine.

Tomorrow we are climbing Mt Lemon, right up top to the ski hill, 24 miles and beautiful climbing. Should be a hella fun day in the saddle, Hello saddle sore!




No comments: