Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tucson Bound

Early morning at the Guthrie household today. 3:30 alarm went off and I was up and at it. We live quite a distance from the airport, so that means up extra early and an extra amount of driving. Got to the airport and ordered a large Timmy's coffee and I was good to go. Found out that Alaska airlines now charges for every bag you check, including the extra fee for the bicycle. The girl at the desk wasn't what I would call an airport beauty girl(easy going and waves bike fees). I kept telling her that it was college stuff in a bike box and giving her the big old wink, but nothing. My Grandad happend to meet us at the airport and paid for my fees, that started the trip on a nice note! Thanks Grandad! He's also one of my biggest supporter's as well!

Next came the Tim Hortons Bagel B.E.L.T. Chowed that down and headed into security, which was y best security go yet, first time I've ever gone through without getting my bad searched! Woo! There is a new holding room in the Kelowna airport for US bound passengers, so that was a different experience.

Boarded the flight, fell asleep and missed the customs form, so had to hold back and get off last so I could get one and filled it out on the way,. Once I got in the massively huge lineup there was a little old lady infront of me and she was worried about missing her flight, as the Sea-Tac airport is pretty confusing with all thee trans and such. So I went up to the front of the massively huge line with her and budged her, very nicely to the front of the line. So she was good to go, and I now feel I have accomplished something nice today.

I am now sitting at my gate drinking a Venti coffee from Starbucks, and watching 90210. That's a pretty exciting morning I would say, probably a 9.5 out of 10 actually.

Cheers,

No comments: