Monday, May 31, 2010

Hardwood Wrap

Had a better call up today(42, rather than 85th in Tremblant), but once they told the rest of us to roll up I found a open spot up the side and got in between the second and third row, and off the start everyone went to the right and I went to the left then got up to speed and pull over and was 3rd wheel for the first 3-400 M. Then we hit the climb and it got crazy and my legs were a bit heavy at that point, didn't want to digg too deep too early, that happend last weekend. Rode in the comfort zone and got into the single track top-20 and rested and recovered in the first section and was able to ride a nice steady pace most of the first lap and then got into a little group and started moving a bit. No one really wanted to work and I just wanted to race and not race tactically for like 17th place, I could see we were catching Francis Morin, and I just slowly bridged the gap to him and we had a nice espoir group going, Just Andrew and I did the work, Tyson Wagler attacked off and Just kept riding hard steady and thought he might blow. On the last lap it was just Francis and I he finally came around and just surged a bit on the climb and I didn't have it in the tank, just had the one pace, so I rode that most of the way in, once I was by myself I seemed to slowly slow down, hard to keep the speed up on that course if your not being chased right behind or chasing right in front. Pretty stoked with how the race went, considering I hadn't done any intervals really in like 2 months. Can't wait until I get the race legs back!

No comments: