Thursday, January 24, 2013

2013 WILL BE a gooder

Before this super amazingly awesome update is about to go down, please watch this to get inspired to lift weights: http://spotmebro.com/bob-couch-pump-iron/

By the way, no I did not watch the whole Lance confession, because lets face it we knew already..I had better things to do like go out to a movie with my brother, and then drive from Victoria-Peachland during the second airing. Personally, why can't we focus on the good things in sport like these kick-a** cyclists and real(non-doped) athletes: http://canadiancyclist.com/dailynews.php?id=25600 It's bad negative attention that always get the attention, it's way too easy in life to be negative so why not focus on the good things, the important things. Like the fact that this cat found a real live unicorn and rode it!!

                                     

Lot's has been going on so far this 2013 season. At New Years I wanted to make a resolution about staying healthy, but then in the day leading up I was catching a cold, so I decided that starting the new year with a cold was not healthy, needless to say, that resolution is bumped to 2014 so I know I won't fail in the first week..  To sum up, I've been getting fit with snow sports, trained in Victoria, worked, and am now searching for some personal sponsors for the season. My pal Cody Canning was gracious enough to let me spend 5 days at his place so I could ride my bicycle when I was in Victoria. Attended a charity event with Rally4Life for the upcoming Wings of Killimanjaro event. Earlier on in the month I had a great opportunity to talk with four classes at Glenrosa Middle School about goal setting in life, school and sport. Great kids, great listeners and some of the excitement in each class when I drew names from a hat for race jerseys was amazing! Hope to be back there soon. Off to Carlsbad, California with the national team in February for a ten day training camp. It will nice to get out and ride without having to dress winter snow storms. Although, riding in the minus's a couple days this past week has made me tougher. 

2013 with Norco is going to great and I can't wait to make some memories and race some bikes with these XC guys and gals:

Andrew Watson(senior, old man, master, been around the block guy..you get it) He did give me shout out on his blog for my mustache growing, but he didn't link to my blog..amateur? Joking Andrew, excited for your elderly input this year. http://awicycling.blogspot.ca/

Andrew L'esperance(Andrew #2) He's off to Cyclo-Cross worlds in a couple weeks time, wishing him the best of luck. He's also from Noooova Scoootia, don't be alarmed he eat's food other than fish. http://andrewlesperance.blogspot.ca/

Catherine Vipond(Only one Catherine.)She's a mountain girl living Canmore, and word on the street she makes stuff from wood..http://catherinevipond.weebly.com/blog.html

Hayley Smith(Hayley 'hunter' Smith)She apparently licks stuff, if it has maple syrup on it..http://haleyhuntersmith.blogspot.ca/

Kevin Haviland(AKA Havi with an I not Y)He's a great hair cutter, which will save me money on trips. Here is one of his finest masterpieces: 



Here's a few photos so put my new year in perspective, enjoy!

Up behind my house..winter x-training is key to my winter success
 Soaking in the beautiful winter day with Max Plaxton
Max tore my legs off, especially on the climb to this view point..well worth it!
I have a sweet tooth, not going to life. Ate a few of these on my Victoria-Peachland drive.
 Cool? yes ma'am
 Snowshoeing near Apex Mtn.



 Apex Mtn way back in the distance

Yumm, steak with sautéd onions and mushrooms, with a side of grilled beets, yams and broccoli. Read an interesting article today about elite athletes and eating disorders? Really!? One the great benefits of working out hard is eating lots! 


No comments: