Saturday, September 25, 2010

Last day of Summer/CX time

Firstly, My awesome boss at www.bikebarn.ca Mr Will Pratt gave me the day off so I can prepare for our local CX race like it's the world championships.. That means 11 hrs of sleep, nice coffee a morning spin and proper ride time on the course pre-race time. As today will be CX race #1 on the calender, you have to be ready, I even have a spare bike..

On Tuesday after work I went out and enjoyed a nice mountain bike ride on my Rocky Mountain Altitude. I can't say enough good things about this bike, climbs as good as my Element and descends like a big bike. Anyway it was the last official day of summer, and the Okanagan held its own with 22 degrees and sun. With rain a couple days before the trails were absolutely mint, some of the best I've seen all year. I rode a new trail that day, you must loose 1,000 ft of elevation in like 2 minutes. But it goes straight down a mountain and has a sick little trail cut in the side. One point it is if your about to go straight off the mtn and there is a massive berm that takes you back alongside the hill, if you mess that off your going off a cliff kinda thing..So here are some pictures so you can really understand how sweet it was:





No comments: