Sunday, September 26, 2010

Penticton Bike Fest CX race


Yet again the Okanagan pulled out a wicked day, 23 degrees and sun. Not a cloud in the sky. So pretty much it was hot, dry and dusty, yet pretty tacky. Started at the back, they sent the slowest to the front and fastest to the back. Good way to keep it fun! Although I was out there to go as hard as I could for as long as I could. So for about 62 minutes it was no fun for me. Just pain and suffering. Learned what it was like again, got a pedal in the ankle, brake in the thigh, almost crashed on the barriers X2. Lucky everything worked out and went as planned. Think I was able to ride harder than expected, happy after all the riding I did this week. Big THANKS to Brian Burke and all the other volunteers who helped make this day happen. I think the turnout from double from last year, which is a HUGE leap in 1 year. Also thanks for Cliff Bar and Oakley for helping out, they made for some wicked draw prizes.

I'm just enjoying my morning coffee before todays Penticton Bike Fest Poker MTB XC race. Should be fun, thinking I am going to need to learn how to play poker in the next hour. And apparently there is supposed to be some famous girl coming out today, her name is Catherine Pendral?? Apparently she has like won World Cups and stuff?? Anyway hoping she doesn't beat me..Maybe she will be faster on the bike, but I will learn great poker skills, and poker skills is what matters today...

Anyway here are some pictures from Yesterday, as they explain a lot more than words:






No comments: