Monday, September 6, 2010

Life

So, where to begin. Life lately has been a handful. The last two weeks I worked 93 hours for the Ironman crazy. And that is when I started training again. So with working and training combined I am pretty wrecked. I wish I had a video camera with me for the Ironman week, as there was stuff I heard and saw that I will never experience again, just a crazy yet super fun and interesting time. Oh the first picture below there, is myself in the 2011 Louis Garneau catalogue. When I was in Tucson this winter for the national team camp we did a photo shoot and I guess they picked my shot, sweet I know...

This upcoming weekend I will be racing the Vancouver-Whistler Grand Fondo event for "Team Chocolate Milk". Should be a super rad time. The team is Richard Wooles, Jeff Ain, Owen Harrsion, Jacob Schwingboth, Boris Martin and myself. We'll be spending the night in Whistler, so we'll have to try and fit in with the Whistler kids..hahA NOT!

And by the way HUGE congrats to Lauren Rosser for taking for Junior womens downhill World Title. She's from BC too. And congrats to Steve Smith of BC for taking the silver in Mens DH!

Yesterday I did the Salmon Arm-Sicamous traverse. I've been hearing about it for a couple months now about it being the best trail in the valley to check out. So of course a free weekend came and I jumped on it. It wasn't as sweet as people had described it as, over 5 hrs we probably did 2.5 hrs of fireroad. Which isn't my favourite thing in the world...but there was a pretty sick descent to end, which was about a 10 min one, and we have it on helmet cam, I will hopefully get that up on here soon and you will be able to see me do a super duper superman stomach slide after I tried to rail a corner. We then spent 20 km mountain bike road riding back. So it was a long day in the saddle, the best part was that I felt alright by the end, good thing heading into this grand fondo. Here is the Garmin File:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/47781208











No comments: