Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Canmore

My road trip had continued from Windham NY onto Canmore AB. Where the National Championships were held this past weekend. We had a wicked couple days in Canmore for some race prep and sun tanning. I was forced to ride my last years hardtail after my bike and luggage bag didn't make it on the place when I left NY. But luckily my bullsh*tting skills have increased over the past couple years and I told the Air Canada girl that I needed my bike for an "Olympic Qualification" race this weekend or pretty much I was giving up an Olympic spot..she quickly put me on hold and 2 min later had my bag traced, found and put on the next flight to Kelowna. I should have done that on Tuesday...Andd lucky my parents were coming to Canmore Friday night so I would have my awesome Rocky Mountain Element team bike for the race..haven't not ridden it on the course I knew it was a duely course. It was great watching some of the early races, those juniors sure can go fast! And Catharine of course taking the womens title again. For the first time in 3 weeks I had a pretty decent race. Being in the top-5 from start to finish and not quite able to make that 3rd podium spot. Jeremy Martin outclimbed me so bad it was almost embarassing, and I was able to close the gaps each lap on the downhill but the last lap he hit the climb so hard I wasn't able to catch him until the very bottom and he took off again. Still happy to ride in for 4th..

Sunday was the Relay Nationals, we had a pretty sweet Team BC entered. with Neal Kindree, Quinn Moberg, Mical Dyck and myself. We took the lead after lap two and with Ontario and 3Rox having anchors like Adam Morka and Derek Zandstra we were just hoping for a podium spot. We grabbed 3rd and made some $$$. After a group of about 20 awesome canadians went out for a super fun slow contest ride. With some wicked descending, bib short mini cliff jumping, coasting competition and dirt jump sesh we ended a fun Nationals weekend. Video coming soon..Here's a shot of the flyover, tried to style it out a little..



Here's some picture's from yesterday rest day:






No comments: