Monday, July 25, 2011

Edmonton Canada Cup Finals

Our BC Team was fortunate enough to stick around in Canmore until Wednesday afternoon before we made the short haul over to Edmonton where we were staying in less nice places then Canmore. We were now home to the U of A campus and living in Res for 4 days. There was kitchen, but no cooking supplies..so we were on the Uni breakfast plan, made sandwichs for lunch and went out for dinner. I do like cooking, but it nice to not have to worry about food for those few days. I did enjoy the batch made fake eggs with processed cheese mixed though..I still have my bodum so that was something to really look forward too while watching the Tour on the slow internet. We pre-rode the course in blue bird conditions Thursdays and then it rained all afternoon and all night. So Friday we decided to ride on the road in the pissing rain for our pre-race prep. I decided it might be good to do a quick section of the course in the mud, I was now stoked and ready for the race in the those conditions.

Saturday morning I chatted with the BC coach while he watching the cadets race..He said some sections were like fresh jars of nutella straight from the fridge. We had a slow morning, watched Cadel win the Tour for the MTBikers out there. I said to all the juniors that today is going to be a good day for us all, no matter how our legs feel. That is was, My legs just felt great from the gun and stayed that way the whole race. I was able to make the front group the first lap, get the lead into the singletrack and just slowly started increasing my lead until the end where I able to take my first Pro win. The U23's really showed themselves today with 3 of us in the top 5. With Evan squared goign 1-2 (Evan Mcneely), and Leandre Bouchard taking 4th. It was just one of those days where things all went well. Couldn't have done with without help of Rocky Mountain Bikes and all the team sponsors along with Cycling BC.


No comments: