Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Post Windham

Well I have to say New York state is quite beautiful. I had an unbelievable time down here for the Windham World Cup with some of the National team gang. The CCA put us up in a wicked half board accomodation, felt like we were on vacation with catered dinners, breakfasts, live outdoor music, pools, creeks, sunny weather and some bike racing. Felt like a solid week heading into the race, rested more than the previous week and sensations were better, but hey I guess that made me race worse..felt like a young kid trying to ride a bike against some super fast dudes. I didn't feel like I even got to race. Pretty frustrating to have two super important races go to shit. But what are you going to do, I feel like I've done the work and now its a waiting game to see when the legs come around and treat me well. I flew home from Albany, NY lastnight for a .5 day turn around back to Camore. My suposed to be short travel day turned into 22 hrs, no bags, missed flights, emergency landings and delays like no other. Get this, had to make an emergency landing in Calgary on our way to Van from TO, but the plane was no longer able to continue..so we switched plans and that one had too much has so we waited 2 hrs until the tanker came to empty gas and then we finally got to Vancouver, missed my original flight and had to catch the latenight one. Plus my bags didn't even make it on the plans from Albany. So who knows where they are, and I leave later today for another two week trip..uh oh I know. Lucky I have 30 lbs trail bike.. So to sum up the trip here are some photos:














No comments: