Monday, October 31, 2011

BC Cup hits the interior finally!!

Well after a race free weekend last weekend with some awesome MTB rides under the blue skies and sun I was ready for some more cx racing. Catharine Pendral had her BC Cup CX race in Kamloops yesterday. Other than thew ridiculously strong winds it was a great day. Costumes were flowing in the wind, our cookie medals were being ate on the podium and there was even a kids race!! With a total of 4 people in the elite race..it was interesting, along with a big battle for the podium. It was pretty dissapointing that not many coastal racers showed. As interior people drive down all fall long and the coastal people can't drive up once...sad I know. Thanks to the ones who did.

Anyway after Keith Wilson won his race, Catharine won her we needed to keep the win within the interior riders, and that meant myself or Matt Hewitt. We started somewhat fast and I wanted a clear shot at the barriers to have my first superman hopping experience. I was worried because Our favourite cross dressing Matt Hewitt was on my a*s the first couple laps, until he opted for a wheel change..why would be do that when he was so close.. I have always have motivation when someone is chasing to try and get further away, but when you have a cross dresser chasing at your behind I always seem to have a little more energy to try and distance myself...




After our first couple lap battle I was riding solo in the front, trying to have a good time and give some kids some high fives along the way. As well as throw out some uber sweet cx bike tweaks in the BMX track. As well as getting heckled by Keith Wilson, telling me his wife was riding faster. Probably true, but fine with me as shes has one of them multi coloured rainbow looking jerseys, shes supposed to be pretty fast.

As you see my forward akward podium pose here, there was a certain tight crotchle region in this suit, as it was a kids one. So I was trying to be a decent human being and not show my certain areas to everyone.



Some of the little tearing up the course! this guy is going to be making the big bucks in 20 years!


Hey buddy where's you bike!? I guess is doesn't matter, he's having fun and were having fun watching!

No comments: