Monday, October 17, 2011

Big Local Weekend

After a pretty relaxing weekend after Fort Collins I was feeling now half decent. Hopped on the big bike for a couple sweet mountain bike rides this week. It's definitely cold now, it went from shorts and jerseys to leg warmers and long sleeve's pretty quick.

Saturday was the 2nd annual Le Tour De Okanagan Spinathon, which is a charity spinathon for http://rally4life.org/ It's for a great cause so there was no way I wasn't going to be there. Pinnacle Elite Athlete was nice enough to sponsor it and let everyone use their gym. We had bikes hooked up to power tacx trainers and 4 stages lined up. With 4 man teams it was set to be a good battle. With one member from our team bailing I stepped up and rode two stages, so that was 2X50 min races on a trainer totaling 2:15. So my trainer riding went from 0-massive amounts pretty quick. Luckily it was pretty fun out there so I enjoyed every minute. We had lots of money raised so it was a success! I came out of that pretty tired, but i rested up for the big CX race the next day.

Sunday turned into another Okanagan bluebird day, other than the freezing cold morning temperatures it was a great day. Organizers really stepped up and brought one of the best CX races into the interior yet. With an awesome course, coffee, live band and tons of spectators it was the best reaction yet from crowds and racers. We all had a pretty fun time out there, had pop tart, dill pickle and bacon hand outs at the top of the run up. And some good heckling forsure. I had some good legs today and was able to take the win, Mrs Catharine Pendral took the womens as well. I won a plate sized cookie, which I started eating right away..





No comments: