Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Had a solid weekend of travel back to Canada from down here in Tucson. I have an amazing Grandad back home who is fighting cancer right now and it's been a couple months since I've seen him and my family so it was about time to head home, clear the head and get re-energized even if it was for only 40 hours. Heard some more awesome grandad stories, saw my parents and brother, ate some good food, rode bikes inside and got a speeding ticket. Almost froze my special place too, after going from 30 degrees in Tucson to -16 Monday morning.. I definitely left with some more motivation as sometimes as an athlete you catch yourself sometimes going "this is hurts too much" but you never know whats hurts until something like cancer shows up in your body or in someone close to you. I now have no excuses for ever "not hurting enough" in a bike race or anything I attempt to do. Which may include a eating competition one of these days, but it can't exceed my 2500 calorie daily caloric intake. I raced for my grandad last season, but I now dedicate any and all of my future success in life to him, as he had been like a second father to me. Guiding me down so many different and amazing roads, and of course telling me what not to do, or how to get a sugar momma. As you will all see this season on my bikes "I ride for George Fenton". As it is the least I can do for one of the MOST important people in my life. 

F--- Cancer.

No comments: