Friday, February 17, 2012

A week of bicycling in the desert has been completed, all kinds of weather came with that. Tuesday I decided that 13C was worth shorts and a jersey to ride in, as it felt warm coming from a cold mountain town..Then it started hailing so I put on my arm warmers and small gloves. While it started to slowly get colder I thought pff whatever weather you can't touch me. Then it started raining and I got soaked, then I got cold, then I started shivering, then I had to ride 1 hr in the pissing raining  home. But not without it getting down to 5C and my hands and arms getting numb enough that I didn't know if I was holding my bars or not. So kept looking to make sure when I went over the bumps my hands wouldn't come off the bars and make me fall. I couldn't brake and standing was out of the question as I couldn't lean on my arms. But don't worry I tried to look like a hardman in front of the Tucson population by putting on my tough face..Lucky I didn't flat because I couldn't have even been able to make a call let along change it. Once I arrived home I was lucky my roommates Andreane Lanthier Nadeau and Antoine Caron were home to take off my shoes helmet and jersey. I took the rest off after 10 min of warming up in the shower. Junior movie or hardman Canadian move..I like to say hardman but I didn't sound like one in the shower when my hands were thawing!


 Without the luxury of having my MTB it meant riding road bike bikes all week. Our dear Nova Scotian pal has arrived and decided he would ride on the road with his touring bike and non knobby tires.

Our coffee supply is on an all time low and scary level right now. Which means were gonna have to piano over to a coffee shop to get some stock today. May even swing by the University for some 'sight seeing' as some would say.

On tap tomorrow is 6:30 am riding for some shoot out action then off to the 24hr of Old Pueblo to do some spectating and liquid calorie consumption. Our Canadian boy Kris Sneddon is racing I here, so we might have to shot gun some beer in his honor so we can really cheer for him.

There's some talk going around about a possible Sedona trip next weekend..haha how neat is that, isn't that neat?

Tee dang it's time to make some pancakes

No comments: