Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Home

Just got back to Peachland mid day yesterday after a long travel day from down under. my mother had a nice meal last night all ready. Ribs, rice, salad and then some brownies. Was feeling darn tired so I hit the sack at 7 pm. And woke up to it pitch black out, so I checked the time and sure enough it was 1 in the morning. Couldnt get back to bed, so Im just killing some time on the computer. Thought I would post a little update. So here we go. I am home for 43 hours or something stupid like that. Just unpacked my gear yesterday, washed it all and today I will repack it. Not taking the trainer or spare wheels this time. No way in hell I will $250 bucks for my overweight bike and suitcase PLUS oversized on my bike. Absolute joke. Anyway today I am meeting with the local paper to do an interview, then I head to bike shop to get a couple things, get a ride done, then get a massage, re-pack the bike and all my gear and hope for a solid night of sleep. Im excited for the next trip, Leaving the day after everyone starts school and Im free. Living the life this year, just need to find a job when I get back so I dont have to live on the streets!

OZ summary:
Had a sweet time down under. Weather wasn't what you hoped for, but everything else made it awesome. We rode lots, found some wicked trails and we ate kangaroo, which was awesome. In the midst of making a "OZ 2009" video of all the clips from the couple week I was there. Got to hang out around the venue and meet some new people, got some free stuff and enjoyed watching everyone else race. Lost the voice a bit from cheering so hard. A world championship is an event you don't forget. Everything is just so neat, something everyone should try and experience. Well need to get back to bed and get a bit more sleeep..

No comments: