Thursday, September 17, 2009

Schladming, Austria what!

Been chillin' out here in Schladming Austria since Monday night. Took the trains all the way from Aigle Switzerland. Almost 13 hours of ridin' the rails. Pretty fun day, a lot better than driving because you can get up and walk around hang out with different people and so on. So far we are staying the best hotel I've ever been too. Its a sport hotel and has bowling, darts, shooting and squash. We also get a FREE continental breakfast, which helps us budgeting cyclists! We also make sandwich's in the morning with breakfast for dinner for lunch. Then we get dinner at the hotel for around 10 euros. Rode the course the last couple days. Way too mellow of a course for my liking, they seemed to cut grass in fields, put us on 20% long climbs, everywhere, and then we ride along hiking paths with roots and rocks that are spray painted so that we don't hit them, but last time I checked thats why we race mountain bikes. To get muddy, fall, struggle on the roots and rocks and say wow, that was hard. But being a Canadian I guess I have a different taste of "mountain" biking in my mouth. Trying the make the best of it though. When will I be in Austria in the mountains again hanging out with some rad people racing my bike. Seeing as though this is the last mtb race of the season I am going to be it all on the line and gamble it all, not play is "smart and safe" but play it "fast and dangerous" and maybe I crack after 30 min on the climbs and finish 30th, maybe I don't crack and win. Hoping for a good one to finish the junior years off at a world cup with a medal.




No comments: