Sunday, May 6, 2012

It's already been a month since I was down in the Pueblo, Mexico with the Canadian Cycling Association for the Pan American mountain bike championships. It was a fantastic trip, another good set of memories for the memory closet, some good bike racing and awesome new race prep ideas for future..I was also lucky enough to drop a coffee cup two days before the race on the floor, which exploded into both my feet and caused some Jaws like bleeding. We were able to spend a couple days scouting the course and getting ready for the battle that was about to happen up at 8,000 ft in the sun where I don't think there is any ozone left. It was also a selection race for the six of us Under-23 riders for the Czech Republic and France World Cups in May. I was fortunate enough to have a pretty solid race and make the cut along with Evan Mcneely. It was a weird race with so many different factors affecting everyone's races. I wouldn't say I had the best race but with having been at altitude all winter in Park City, Utah, topping up altitude two weeks before at a ski resort and racing smart lead to a 5th place at my first Pan Ams.  


I have just finished making the video edit, one month later, from our two days of pre-riding. Tomorrow I am now off to Europe and on the road for two month's to travel to 7 races in 8 weekends, only to come home for some R&R for a few days. Then its time for Axel's GrandFondo then straight to Canmore for the last Canada Cup.

I'll be leaving the Okanagan just as it's getting nice out. This morning is 100% bluebird day out there after a  pretty crappy two weeks of mixed weather conditions. I've probably ridden in my rain cape more in the last two weeks than the last two years, lucky me!



I was also fortunate enough to be able to take part as a medal bearer in the Rick Hansen 25th anniversary tour. What a cool experience that was, as well as inspiring hearing all the stories of the participants.


                                                
It sucks that I'll be leaving while I'm half done working on my car with a new project. With my car being known for it's seized bolts in the rear lower control arms that means cutting grinding and new bolts for a fresh set up. But I don't have the time for that before I head overseas. So that means I have the front coilovers in and stock struts in the rear making for an awkward ride at the moment, should be a killer setup when I'm done. Also thanks to bicycle friend of mine we made a trade with some bike clothes for some super sticky tires! Go cart civic here we go!


No comments: