Wednesday, February 4, 2009

1 week until PS training camp!

Only one week left until we head down to PS. Just got the itinerary for the Team BC Palm Springs training camp. There are 3 rented out houses, two for girls and one for the guys. Steve Lund will be staying in the guys house and Dan will be staying in one of the girls houses. It seems like they have some pretty sweet rides picked out, which include Joshua Tree Park, Palm Springs Tramway climb and some touring of Palm Springs. Owen, Evan, Kevin and myself are heading down earlier than everyone else to get in an extra few days of training. Tyler I think is going to be a day or so behind us because he has an awards night he has to attend to.

Im getting in some solid training these days. Not being in school as much helps alot more than I thought it could have. Like yesterday I slept in, and did a spin in the morning with some intervals, then later in the evening I went on an XC ski. I had tons of time to recover in the middle of the day which makes a big difference. Tomorrow Owen and I are going to get a hard day of training. We are going to XC ski in the morning for a while, then head out on ride early afternoon. Im leving these double header days right now, it makes the training seem easier, and I am recovering alot better.

Great news, my road bike just arrived today, Aart got it all built up and ready to rip. I had to switch the cassette and handlebars to meet my specials needs! I will also be rigging it up with my old San Marco Rolls saddle than Sebastien gave me. Then the bike will be ready to rock!

No comments: