Friday, February 6, 2009

Rest Days

I am just on a couple rest days as we speak. I've had some solid build weeks up until now. My coach Steve Lund has been putting together a kick ass schedule for me, and I'm running way better than I thought I would be at this time of the year. I will be doing one more big day on Sunday and then I will be laying low until Palm Springs. Yesterday Owen and I went XC skiing first thing the morning for a couple hours. It was cloudy when we started but by the end I had my jacket unzipped and was sweating pretty hard. Then we riped my racing machine(shitty 1994 Nissan Sentra) down to my gramma's for a quick snack and then we headed out for a ride in the Febuary sun of the Okanagan. I was an awesome ride, I only had leg warmers and 3 long sleeve jerseys on(which I was getting warm in) It was only +5 only at the peak of the day. It felt like heaven. So I can't even imagine what its going to be like when were riding in 25 degrees in PS. Today I had school from 9-11:45. But for my second class which is a teacher assistan period, my teacher just said its Friday, Go Home! Which was very nice, So I just hung out with some friends for a bit. Then I made my way back to our acreage up in Peachland for a mellow friday afternoon of watching movies and getting in some good recovery!

No comments: