Thursday, February 12, 2009

Arrival in Palm Springs

I arrived last night at around 5:30 pm, I took a taxi to my hotel and just took it super easy all night. Did a stretch and watched a couple hours of two and half men. I eventually packed my bike and got it ready for a quick early morning spin.

Woke up this morning to a bright sunny Palm Springs! I was so happy. I quickly made a bowl of instant oatmeal in the coffee machine. I mixed it and ate it with my fingers. It was an interesting experience. I then jumped on my bike for an early morning ride before I went and met Kevin and Evan at the airport. I kinda got lost riding around, it took me forever to finally find the strip, and by the time I did I didn't have enough time to get a coffee at a coffee shop. I was ripping around asking people if they new where a Quiznos or Subway was, but they all said "I don't know" which realy helped an out of towner like me! I finally found a quiznos and bought a turkey bacon ranch sub. I then hurried back to the hotel and ate, showered, caught another cab back to the airport, then met the guys, then took yet another taxi all the way out to Desert Hot Springs. Once we finally arrived we just got settled in and unpacked bikes(well only Evan and I because Kevin's bike didn't arrive. So hopefully it will be in tonight or tomorrow morning.) we then headed to Vons, which is the US's Safeway, and bought a ton of food. Since then we've just hung out, ate, stretched and watched a movie. Just waiting Owen to get in, He has already landed and should be here within the hour.

Tonights menu is a salad, then chicken pasta!

Tomorrow were doing fair sized day, Evan and Owen are going to ride longer I think, and Kevin and I are going to build into the longer rides as neither of us have ridden 16o since last summer!

No comments: