Sunday, February 1, 2009

Update

I forgot my password for the last couple of weeks, so I wasn't able to update anything. So here it goes. Have been getting in some solid days of training. I am building up for Palm Springs right now(which had a high of 82 today!) I have been XC skiing and going to the gym lots, and of coudrse riding and spinning a fair amount.

On Friday night my parents and a bunch of my friends had a surprise birthday for me. My friend said we were just going to dinner, but one of the my other friends was in the seat behind, I had no clue he was there..., then he blind folded me and the two of them drove me around for a half hour doing donuts and 180's, which messed up my sense of direction, So I definately had no clue where we were. They then drove me to my house where about 25 of my friends were waiting to surprise me. It was an awesome night!

As of January 23, I only do to school every second day for two classes. Which works out to about to 2.5 hours. Which is tolerable. I am loving sleeping in, making sweet meals and dedicating alot of time to training. I have been sleeping in, making a coffee and laying on the couch first thing in the mornings. I will be able to make great pre-ride and post-ride meals from now on, along with good recovery. Which will be an advantage leading into the 2009 season.

The past few weeks I have skied one day and rode the other. Last Sauturday Tim and I rode for 3.5 hrs in -5ish weather. It was chilly, toes and fingers froze off. But it was totally worth it. I made the day even more enjoyable with a couple fresh Bean Scene coffee's! This weekend I went XC skiing both days. I did a long ski up at Telelmark by myself yesterday. I did Fern Creek, Telemark and Panorama. By the end I could barly push myself along the flats. My arms were perfectly dead and unusable. Then today I went skiing up at Nordic with Cory, Marnie and Gill. Cory, an amazing skier, gave us all a 15 min lesson on different skate technique's. I learned I have been skiing wrong for the past 3 years. Today was an awesome ski, I worked on my form all day and got in a better workout, and didn't have to work as hard on the hills.

My new bike has been shipped and should be in in the next couple of days. Its the Rocky Mountain RSL Team road bike. It has the DA, which I'm pretty stoked on. I should have it up and runing my Palm Springs. My grandad also just bought me a bike box last week for my birthday, which is awesome because it will really come in handy over the next few years!

No comments: