Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leading into Spring Series 2&3

On Sunday I got in a good hard 4 hours. Rode with the Sunday Ride gang and Cory and myself did 4X10 min strength intervals up all the climbs. Our legs were pretty pooched after those. Then we hit the airport strip which is always fast, and it was a little group which consisted of myself, Cory and Cyrus. We went pretty damn hard and were beat at the end. Then we just strolled back at a good LSD pace to the Bean Scene. Cyrus and I then headed back for Westbank where we ran into a snow storm at the top of bride hill and rode through a blizzard all the way to his house and then to my Grandma's. Took Monday as a rest day and stretched. Also started my job at Alpine Helicopters again. Only two of us doing it this year, which means a lot more money, almost a thousand bucks more. Yesterday I worked first thing in the morning for a few hours and then I rode for four hours and did a workout on Knox Mtn. Then met up with Owen and Jeff and rode steady for another couple hours. Today I slept in and caught up on some European races and had my fresh ground coffee. Made some breakfast and headed out for a easy recovery ride. Came home and showered and then did a half hour stretch which felt amazing. Having some solid weeks the last little while. Hoping it will all pay off for the road races coming up, specially the back to back spring series starting this weekend!

Got a call from Aart today and finally my powertap has come back to me, after being away since early January in Quebec at OGC. Idiots forgot to send me CPU with the wheel, so they shipped it out express this afternoon and hopefully it will be in tomorrow afternoon and I will have it before I head to Van to race.

No comments: