Monday, March 9, 2009

Past Weekend

Got in a couple solid days this past weekend. Saturday was a 4 hr day with a strength workout. I rode with Cory and Marnie. We got in 3 hrs outside before we called it quits. It was a complete blizzard outside. When I left my house up in the hills I had almost 4 inches of snow, but when I got downtown the roads were just wet. We headed out for the ride and about an hour and a half in it started to snow hard and it was hurting our faces. So we turned back and headed for the Mission Park Greenway where there was still a couple inches of snow, just no cars around that could hit us! Once we got off the greenway our bikes were solid pieces of ice, we only had a couple gears to choose from, which made things a little difficult. We headed for Cory's place to finish the ride and then I zipped home and hopped on the trainer for an hour to do my strength workout.

Yesterday ( Sunday ) I was able to ride outside for a whole 5 hrs, which was nice. A bunch of the team and I headed out for the weekly Sunday ride, which contained about 15 riders. We got in some hard little efforts and then a group of us headed back out for a spin after the 3hr group ride and a quick coffee. We rode for 4:45 together and then I got in another 15 min to make for a solid 5 hr day. On my way home I stopped at my Grandparents to say hi to my gramma who has been in Reno all week. I ended up staying for a pizza dinner and a movie!

Just on a rest day today, getting ready for another good weeks worth of training. I have school this afternoon which sucks, but its life, I barley even go anymore! Just nice to hangout with some friends.

No comments: