Sunday, March 15, 2009

The week before Spring Break!

This past week has gone pretty well, just getting in the miles. Tuesday I did my most likely last XC ski of the season. Thursday I headed out for a ride in -1 with Owen and Jeff, managed to get in almost 3 hours. On Friday night Cory hosted the TR guys night. We had a feist, lasagna, garlic toast, yam fries, pizza and salad. I was so full I felt like I was about to give birth to an alien. We hung out and told some stories and chatted about the season. Everyone went over their goals and we talked about what races were doing and so on. It was a great night, had tons of fun. On my way home I was ripping through Shannon Lake and was going about 90ish is a 60 zone and was just cruising down this hill in neutral(to save gas) and a car drove past and the sirens went on. I quickly hit the breaks and slowed down and looked behind me and the sirens were now off and I saw the police cars brake lights go on, so once I went around a bend I just hammered on the gas and go going even faster than before and turned onto some side roads and drove around for a bit. I didn't know if the cop was turning around of not, but I didn't want to pay for a ticket tonight! Yesterday the team met for a good long easy ride. We hit 5 hrs, it was a nice day for March(warm, no rain, clear and dry roads and no heavy winds) We rode out westside roads to La Casa and then turned back and headed down lakeshore and back. It was a good day, my legs were just aching by the end. I was able to get in some good recovery last night. So my legs hopefully will be set for today! Gottta run though!

No comments: